COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Personal data includes information that you give us by filling out registration forms on this website, contacting us by phone, email or otherwise. This information may include your full name and contact details including your email address and telephone number.
- We do not collect or process any special categories of Personal Data.
USAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
- Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We will securely process your personal data and use it for administration and operation of this website, including but not limited to the following purposes –
- To provide quality services
- To update and maintain your account with us
- To personalise and improve your user experience
- To enable third parties to carry out technical and logistical functions on our behalf
- To notify you about changes to our service
- You can subsequently withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us, or following the ‘unsubscribe’ link that is provided in emails from Digital Courses.
- Any information that we process, including Personal Data, will be stored on a secure server behind a firewall. We will not retain your Personal Data for longer than is necessary for the processing. Where you have registered and provided your consent to receive communications from us, then we will retain your Personal Data for this purpose until your consent is withdrawn.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
- We use third party processors to assist us in storing your data safely and securely while interacting with our website. We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance. With your informed consent (opt-in) we may also share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
- All these third parties are carefully screened so we can ensure that there are adequate controls in place and, where relevant, that such third parties are GDPR compliant. Additionally, where this would result in the transfer of Personal Data outside the EEA, we have confirmed that there are appropriate transfer mechanisms in place.
- Additionally, if we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
More information on cookies can be found here.
DATA STORAGE AND SECURITY
- The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the appropriate UK/EU data protection laws as and where applicable. This data may be transferred to, stored at and processed in a destination outside the European Union. By submitting your personal information, you agree to such transfer, storing or processing.
- Digital Courses has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Whilst we strive to use all reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal information which might expose you to serious risk. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit and informed consent.
- Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you possess a number of rights in relation to your Personal Data. These rights include
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- rights about automated decision making and profiling.
- We are committed to upholding these rights. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details provided below.
- Where you have provided us with consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us directly or following the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in any electronic communications you receive from us.
- You also have the right to complain to a supervisory authority where you feel that our processing of your Personal Data has infringed your rights. The supervisory authority in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk
Digital Courses has a “Data Protection Officer” who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection. This Data Protection Officer can be reached at the following address:
Attn: Data Protection Officer for Digital Courses
20-22 Wenlock Road,